What makes Baalei Daat Unique?
- Our goal is to teach you how to read Gemara, Chumash, Halacha, and essentially any other Hebrew book you want. It takes many hours of dedicated work, but we’ll be there to help you along the way to get you learning with more confidence, independence, and comprehension.
- Do you want to learn how to do Kiddush and Havdalah for your family? What about learning how to be Chazzan? Many of our students have learned to do all of this and we’ll help you get there too.
- Have you ever heard a great speaker and wondered what it would take to capture your audience? Baalei Daat is not only about learning Torah; we want you to be able to teach Torah to others. Sharpen your speaking skills in class and around the Shabbat table. Our wonderful rabbis are readily available to help you be able to craft your very own Divrei Torah.
- There is a rich Sephardic Tradition out there just waiting to be explored. All you have to do is pick up a sefer with us and start learning all about your Sephardic roots and traditions. We teach you how to integrate with today’s world and how to live a truly Sephardic life.
- Four our beginners we have classes in English going through the basics of Jewish Law and Sephardic tradition. You’ll learn all about Shabbat, Berachot, Holidays, and more.
- For our advanced students we have a Halacha/Jewish Law track that pours through Sephardic texts in depth. Ben Ish Hai, Yalkut Yosef, Halacha Berurah, Shulchan Aruch, and more are all at your fingertips waiting to be cracked.
Rabbi to Students Ratio
We’re a family here at Baalei Daat. Our goal is to get our students to truly know their rabbis, and for the rabbis to truly know the students. Therefore, the ratio of staff to student is higher than usual. Classes are small; sometimes you can even count the students in your program on one hand. This gives us the unique ability to give you more personalized attention; and it also allows you to learn better and make lasting relationships with your rabbis. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself eating at your rabbi’s home for Shabbat!!
Every day we have different topics and speakers coming to Baalei Daat. You’ll hear amazing classes on a wide array of subjects including Halacha, Parasha, Inspiration, Stories of great rabbis, and so much more. You never know what’s coming next.